Oct 5, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

I am saddened to learn of the death of Steve Jobs.  I am WAY overdue to post in this blog. I've had many many doctor's appointments, a couple of diagnosies and even more weaknesses, loss of function & complications come up. I've got half a dozen appointments this month and Steve Jobs' death from pancreatic cancer absolutely scares me. I've got Chronic Pancreatitis & other GI issues as well as Endocrine issues. I am going to Moffett cancer center to get a THOROUGH exam of my ever growing thyroid nodules in less than 3 weeks. I am anxious to talk to a doctor that is experienced in treating potentially cancerous conditions. My most recent Spinal MRI showed my thyroid nodule & showed it to be 3.7cm. A year and a half ago these nodules were only 2.5cm. This is significant growth over a yr and a half. I'm very worried. The only decent Endocrinologist I've had over the past 6yrs told me that my thyroid needed to be removed if the nodules got to be over 3cm. Unfortunately, due to issues with the office staff not understanding billing I can not see that doctor anymore. I'm still more comfortable going to the Cancer Center anyway as these nodules were deemed as "cold" previously & that is the type of nodule that would be cancerous....With my endocrine problems and GI problems combined and knowing that the cancer that Steve Jobs had was ACTUALLY a Neuro Endocrine Tumor I am even more concerned. I need to learn more about these tumors.  I am REALLY glad that I already have an appointment with the cancer center.

No comments:

Post a Comment