Nov 18, 2010

Diagnosies, Symptoms & Medications

A quick rundown on what I'm dealing with & some of the symptoms as well as the meds I take to help make life liveable.

  • Spinal Cord Injury(SCI) 
    • Neuropathic Pain
    • Musculo-skeletal pain
    • mobility issues
    • Neurogenic Bowel 
    • Neurogenic Bladder
    • skin problems and suceptability to pressure wounds
  • Begnin Multi-Nodular Cold Thyroid Nodules
    • This caused a major cancer scare, no cancer however constant monitoring is required
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Silent Reflux/GERD
    • Vocal Cord Granulomas
    • loss of voice 
    • difficulty breathing
  • Adrenal Fatigue
    • This is a disfunction of the Adrenal gland, it affects every system in the body. 
    • Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    • exhaustion, exhaustion, exhaustion
  • Fibromyalgia
    • again, exhaustion
    • neuropathic pain
    • muscular pain
    • sleep deprivation, poor sleep schedule(hence posting between 4 & 6am)
    • foggy brain
  • Chronic Pancreatitis with unknown source
    • I've been hospitalized 3x due to this. My GI dr SUCKS and am in process of seeking out a new one. 



Medications & Supplements I take:
  • Topamax
  • Zanaflex
  • Prevacid
  • Cymbalta
  • Hydrocodone
  • Zyrtec
  • Twice Daily multi-vitamin(I'll link the maker later)
  • Co-Q10
  • Magnesium
  • Zinc
  • OsCal+D
  • EsterC
  • Ashwaghanda
  • Gotu Kola
  • Rhodiola
  • Reservatrol
  • Bio-Freeze
  • Voltaren Gel
  • Lidoderm Patches(when I can afford them)

This ever growing list of pills allows me to function. Crazy as it sounds, the supplements make more of a difference most days than the pain medications do. If I don't take the supplements I can't function to get out of bed, much less do anything productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment